The three topics that I chose to get information on for our Voicethread project were, etiquette, traditions, and religion. Some of the information that I thought was very important was that part of their etiquette was that it is considered rude to make direct eye contact with Samoan people. I also added information about their religion. I thought this was extremely important because it gives a good look into some of the major parts of how they live. I found out that they used to worship many Gods but after the Europeans came into contact with them, they gained Christianity and now worship the Christian God. This information could be extremely important when working in the medical field. For example when providing medical care for a person you would not want to offend them in anyway if you made eye contact with them. It could also be important to know a person’s religious background in order to make small talk with them and make them feel more comfortable. There were a lot of different things that I could relate to from their culture to our culture. For example they celebrate Mother’s day, Father’s day, and even Christmas. They are also a very punctual society and I also believe being on time is extremely important.
No comments:
Post a Comment